Gum Disease Treatment
If you have Gum Disease we can treat it in a variety of ways depending on the severity of your condition.
Our mouths are full of bacteria which, along with mucus and other particles, constantly form a sticky, colorless “plaque” on teeth. Brushing and flossing help get rid of plaque. Plaque that is not removed can harden and form “tartar” that brushing doesn’t clean. Only a professional cleaning by a dentist or dental hygienist can remove tartar.
Long-term treatment may include:
- Prevention instruction
- Simple and deep pocket cleanings
- Root planing
- Crown lengthening procedures
- Soft tissue and/or bone grafting
- Gingival or flap procedures
- Soft tissue recontouring or removal (gingivoplasty or gingivectomy)
- Hard tissue recontouring (osteoplasty)
- Regenerative procedures
- Maintenance cleanings (after treatment has been completed)